Family businesses in Germany employ around 8 million people and generate annual sales of 1,700 billion euros. This type of company accounts for 90 percent of companies in Germany. More than 200 of them have sales of one billion euros or more.
Large, small and regionally rooted family businesses make up and strengthen Germany's economic structure. German family businesses are also very important abroad - 68 percent of their sales are generated internationally.
We know the challenges that companies go through in the phases of their development. We advise entrepreneurial families with heart and mind - some of our clients have been with us for several generations. In doing so, we understand how to balance and balance the needs of all family members involved, thus strengthening the foundations of the company for future generations in the long term.
In addition to tax consulting and auditing, we support you in accounting, in questions of corporate structuring and corporate and asset succession.
We consider all tax, personal- and Family-related aspects and find the perfect solution for you in all tax matters.
- Corporate, business and value added tax as well as income tax returns
- Advice on inheritance/gift tax as well as transfer
- Compliance related activity
- Exit taxation of the GmbH to foreign countries
- Tax optimisation as well as risk Management advice
- Review of articles of association, advice on contracts with relatives
- Advice on restructuring activities such as splitting and mergers, -company acquisitions and sale as well as changes of legal form
- Audit support
Also as auditors, we consider the unique situation of family-owned enterprises and take a comprehensive look at the entire business.
- Statutory annual audits
- Voluntary annual audits
- Annual consolidated financial statement audits
- Special audits and expert reports
- Review of the internal control system
- IT audits
Our tax advisors, auditors and lawyers are specialized in international tax law. We consider your situation not only from the point of view of German law, but also according to the regulations of the respective country. We are a member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), the world's second largest international association with over 226 firms specializing in tax and business consulting services. Through our international partners, we offer you an international network in more than 110 countries.
Informative accounting contributes considerably to the success of any family-owned enterprise. Place your financial accounts and payroll administration in our competent hands.
- Processing of bookkeeping and payroll records, including paperless accounting
- Drafting and implementation of cost centre accountings
- Preparation of annual accounts (including plausibility check, if required), profit calculation as well as income and expenditure accounts
- Support during audits (wage tax, German statutory pension system, German social security insurance system for artists and publicists, health insurance system, employers' liability insurance)
- Assistance in all wage tax and social insurance related matters
- Ensuring compliance with the business record keeping and retention requirements pertaining to ledgers, records and documents in electronic form as well as data access (German GAAP)
We will support you with regard to the ongoing and long-term planning, structuring and monitoring of your operational procedures and will help you realise your corporate goals.
We will also provide competent and responsible advice in respect to providing for company succession. To ensure that the process of handing over your business to the next generation is carried out in a structured manner promising long-term success, we will be at your side with all of our comprehensive experience in this area.
- Advice for corporate start-ups
- Investment and finance planning
- Turnover, profitability and liquidity development
- Preparation of business evaluations
- Development of succession concepts for succession planning