Global Mobility Services
International assignments and foreign secondments require special expertise and hold both, tax and legal risks for companies and their employees. To ensure that you and your employees are well advised, we provide assistance in particular with regard to wage tax, income tax and social security law.
As a member of Leading Edge Alliance, one of the world's largest international association with more than 200 companies specialized in accounting, auditing, tax and management consulting services, we offer an international network in more than 100 countries. Due to the knowledge and skills of LEA, your situation and questions can be analyzed and reviewed not only from a German perspective, but also from experts of the sending country. In this way, tax risks are minimized and a double taxation can be avoided.
- personal consultations (arrival and departure meeting)
- preparation of income tax returns (in cooperation with our LEA partner offices to ensure the completeness and correctness of the tax returns, if required)
- Tax advice on international assignments and individual remuneration (e.g. severance payments or stock options)
- Assessment of (wage) tax implications
- Advice in connection with and in relation to permanent establishments, international transfer prices and/or VAT
Payroll and Social Security (in Germany)
- Advice on social security law
- Assessment of wage tax issues
- Payroll accounting and electronic processing of all wage tax returns, social security notifications and contribution payments
- Assistance with the application of certificates required for foreign assignments (including applications for exemption or for tax class 1, A1-certificate, child benefit, etc.)
- Applications for voluntary insurance or entitlement insurance during an assignment abroad
- Contribution reimbursement and status-determination procedures
- Assistance with (de-)registration (e. g. in order to obtain a tax and/or social security number)
- Fulfillment of the compulsory obligation and other tax obligations
- Supervision and assistance during tax audits
Are you planning to move abroad? Do you want to leave Germany permanently?
Or are you wondering whether it makes more sense to keep your residence in Germany from a tax point of view? If so, how will your income be taxed?
If you have just returned to Germany, you may ask yourself what the tax consequences are and what obligations you have to meet.
- Write to us or arrange a consultation here!